Barry Chalofsky, P.P., CPM
Experience & Expertise
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING CONSULTING
- Expert on stormwater, wastewater, ground water, onsite systems, nonpoint source pollution, land use, wastewater management, wetlands, and “green design.”
- Expert or knowledgeable in many other aspects of environmental and land use policy.
- Licensed Professional Planner in New Jersey since 1977.
- 35 years (22 years as manager) at the NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
- Adjunct Professor of Environmental Planning at Rutgers University for more than 22 years.
- NJ State Stormwater Coordinator for USEPA 1992 – 2011.
- Commissioner’s representative to State Soil Conservation Committee 2004-2011.
- Former Executive Director/Secretary of NJ Clean Water Council.
- Lead technical expert on various legislation including Freshwater Wetlands, Stream Buffers, Stormwater Utilities, unionization of state managers.
- Testified before NJ Legislative committees on various bills related to stormwater, wetlands, ground water, and State managers.
- Conducted/mediated numerous stakeholder groups for NJDEP rules and programs.
- Worked with members of NJ Legislature and OLS staff on numerous bills.
- Primary legislative analyst for Public Sector Managers’ Association (PSMA).
- Responsible for creating and implementing four major NJDEP rules.
- Teaching Management Excellence Course to managers in three companies (1/15 – 4/15)
- Managed 45 staff and over $8 million budget at NJDEP.
- Obtained over $5 million in federal grants.
- NJ Certified Public Manager since 1986.
- Vice President of PSMA for 20 years – ran most day-to-day operations.
- Chairman of PSMA PAC Board of Governors.
- Former President of Ahavath Israel Congregation, Ewing, NJ.
- Former Board Member of Trenton Jewish Community Center.
PROFESSIONAL WRITING and PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Published two books.
- Published over 50 articles in major national magazines and newspapers.
- Write monthly newsletters for PSMA.
- Prepared numerous press releases.
- Regular contributor to Times of Trenton.
- Spoke at more than 200 events ranging from 50 to 500 attendees.
WEB & MEDIA SUPPORT
- Partner in Professional Education Associates, LLC, a full service multi-media company specializing in websites and other online content.
- Developed over 15 websites including three that are wholly owned.
- Created and implemented www.Legislatoraction.com – an e-mail advocacy program.
- Company developed commercials, newspaper ads and advertising graphics for local business.
- Created and implemented “Clean Water NJ” media campaign for NJDEP – $500,000 per year – radio ads, cable television public service announcements, posters, tip cards and other media.